Thursday, September 01, 2011

Life - These days !

The last couple of months has surprised even me to the hilt. I was wondering how will I manage myself, the house and the loads of free (lonely, sad though) time that I have.
The day starts off pretty early, Nowadays ,I wake up without the help of an alarm or my dad's constant murmur to get up. The result is that the maid has found it easy rather than ringing the bell for 10-15 mins or leave the house with me not answering the door.  A brisk walk to the station enriches me with energy. Workload has begun to increase at office so does my interest in Extra curriculars.
I am ,now, part of the Sports committee as well as the Cultural Committee. It is really ,a touch, taxing to organise and conduct even a couple of Nets Practice sessions. I had to face a lot of tough situations but they make me better prepared to handle tougher battles. More on the cricket, a little later.
The cultural committee meetings were really creative. Planning for events was fun, Preparing and Organising them would be real fun. I am really looking forward to the Diwali celebrations. I hope I can host a program like the good old school and college days.
All these extra curriculars leaves me with just enough time to do my work and I have reduced the chitchat with my colleagues to a large extent. I must admit it is virtually impossible to have zero chitchat at work.The evenings are spent in the office gym where i have found a steady partner who would coax me to lift some weights(not exactly , heavy). I hope the gymming continues for some more time.
The evenings are spent as I like. No one to ring me up and ask me where are you ??? I eat what I want and I come home whenever I want to and I sleep whenever I want to. That for me is the best part. But yes, i do miss my parents sometimes as I never had to bother about anything when they were around.

Now , coming to the cricket part. I always wanted to play real cricket ,i.e., with the cricket ball and ABB has given me the opportunity. So the Saturdays are spent on Cricket.We had a couple of practice sessions and I thought I was bowling quite well. There was an opportunity to test my skills when we had a friendly match. I was asked to open the bowling with the new ball. To be frank, I had never bowled with the new ball, but I didnt want to miss out on such a chance, who knows, the match will be over by the time the next spells come around.
But it turned out to be a disaster, with the ball out of control everytime the ball leaves my hand. I was all over the place and was rightly smashed around. Needless to say the match was lost then and there. I felt bad and in the next few practice sessions, I wanted to practice with the new cherry and I did find the right technique to control the ball and was confident of doing well the next time.
The next match was with a S/W company team as bad luck (or should i say good luck) would have it, almost all major players were out of town or injured or unavailable to play the match. I was asked to be the Captain and organise the match. The kit bags were accounted for and kept ready to be taken for the match. Now the first problem was to have 11 players, I was running throughout all floors in the office to get 11 players with few last minute drop outs. Finally, at the end of the day, I did manage 11 players. I had arranged a guy to take the kit bags from office too.I was preparing strategies, bowling line ups, batting line ups and field placings, etc the whole night and was so excited that I hardly had 6 hours of sleep. (Normally I do sleep heavily )
I got up pretty early in the morning and to my utter dismay, it had rained quite heavily the previous night. My dreams of leading a side in a real match went into the drain along with the rain water. It was really disappointing and when i called up my parents that morning, they were pretty surprised. Didnt you go to play today ????
Monday Morning, my colleagues were asking the same question. What happenned to the match ?

The other most important change is my frequent visits to God's Own Country. What used to be a once in a year ritual is now almost every 2-3 months. Travelling has always been interesting for me and I do not have any regrets.

1 Comments:

Blogger Riaz said...

I smell ...something....

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home